Friday, February 20, 2009

Good Morning!

I AM DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OK, whisper....not really yet, but affirmations and a positive attitude are KEY, so why not say this before and after every posting. I think I will start that today!)

Did you all tend to your budgets for 5 minutes this morning?? DO IT NOW! A friend told me about the DAILY BUDGET BOOK...It is the HOME/OFFICE budget book by ADAMS (which is comparable to DOME) that has spaces for EACH DAY OF THE MONTH! I know there are a lot of computer programs out there too, but call me "old school" but it is much easier for me - and I think my brain processes it better, when I have to ACTUALLY WRITE DOWN numbers EVERY SINGLE DAY and keep track of categories. The book has a list of categories for each month listed down the left hand side. I change these categories to fit my family's needs. For instance, line item category #25 is "dry cleaning". Since we do not do that, I scratched that and put "HOME". This is where I list any items I buy for the house, including paper goods, cleaning stuff, etc. (My grocery category is STRICTLY for groceries, not everything I bought at the grocery store. So yes, I am anal and when I get home I pick apart my receipt and divide it into the appropriate categories). Now, if this is too much for you, and this would make you NOT BUDGET, then don't do it this way. Just increase your "grocery" category to include everything you buy at the grocery store. I just do it this way, because that way if money gets tight, I know I really don't need another gallon of laundry detergent, etc.

HAPPY BUDGETING!

DANIEL 1:8 "BUT DANIEL RESOLVED NOT TO DEFILE HIMSELF WITH THE ROYAL FOOD AND WINE, AND HE ASKED THE CHIEF OFFICIAL FOR PERMISSION NOT TO DEFILE HIMSELF THIS WAY..."
Footnote taken from Life Application Study Bible: "RESOLVE is a strong word that means TO BE DEVOTED TO PRINCIPLE AND TO BE COMMITTED TO A COURSE OF ACTION. When Daniel resolved not to defile himself, he was being true to a lifelong determination to do what was right and not to give in to the pressures around him. WE TOO, ARE OFTEN ASSAULTED BY PRESSURE TO COMPROMISE OUR STANDARDS AND LIVE MORE LIKE THE WORLD AROUND US. Merely wanting or preferring God's will and way IS NOT ENOUGH TO STAND AGAINST THE ONSLAUGHT OF TEMPTATION. Like Daniel, we must RESOLVE to obey God.....AND PAY OFF OUR DEBTS!" "It is easier to resist temptation if you have thought through your convictions (I will pay off my debt no matter how hard it is, for the sake of myself and my family) well before the temptation (to spend money) arises. Daniel and his friends made their decision to be faithful to the laws of God BEFORE they were faced with the king's delicacies, so they did not hesitate to stick with their convictions. WE WILL GET INTO TROUBLE IF WE HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY DECIDED WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE (on our spending). BEFORE SUCH SITUATIONS ARISE, DECIDE ON YOUR COMMITMENTS (to your budget and to become DEBT FREE). Then, when temptation comes, you will be ready to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"


THE LOVE DARE: Fireproof was an EXCELLENT movie and I think EVERY married couple should watch it! Let's do this!

THE LOVE DARE BOOK STATES:
"RECEIVE THIS AS A WARNING. THIS FORTY DAY JOURNEY CANNOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. IT IS A CHALLENGING AND OFTEN DIFFICULT PROCESS, BUT AN INCREDIBLY FULFILLING ONE. TO TAKE THIS DARE REQUIRES A RESOLUTE MIND AND A STEADFAST DETERMINATION. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE SAMPLED OR BRIEFLY TESTED, AND THOSE WHO QUIT EARLY WILL FORFEIT THE GREATEST BENEFITS. IT YOU WILL COMMIT TO A DAY AT A TIME FOR FORTY DAYS, THE RESULTS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND YOUR MARRIAGE. CONSIDER IT A DARE, FROM OTHERS WHO HAVE DONE IT BEFORE YOU." Taken from The Love Dare Book by Stephen and Alex Kendrick. This is an "express version" of the Love Dare. For more depth reading about each day, please pick up your own copy of THE LOVE DARE!

WOW! Debt free and a wonderful marriage!! LIFE IS GREAT! Let's do it!

DAY 1: LOVE IS PATIENT.....(Ephesians 4:2 "BE COMPLETELY HUMBLE AND GENTLE; BE PATIENT, BEARING WITH ONE ANOTHER IN LOVE.").... Stephen and Alex Kendrick write, "The first part of the DARE is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, OUR WORDS OFTEN REFLECT THE CONDITION OF OUR HEART. FOR THE NEXT DAY, RESOLVE TO DEMONSTRATE PATIENCE AND TO SAY NOTHING NEGATIVE TO YOUR SPOUSE AT ALL. IF THE TEMPTATION ARISES, CHOOSE NOT TO SAY ANYTHING. IT'S BETTER TO HOLD YOUR TONGUE THAN TO SAY SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET."

Ok, this should be easy. But for any who get in a spit for spat with your spouse, REGARDLESS OF YOUR FEELINGS...this is not about "feelings" but about commitment to God, do this DARE.. at least for these 40 days!! My hubby and I have a great marriage....or at least I like to think so, however, all relationship, no matter how great or ungreat, have their moments. However, this DARE is GREAT for ANYONE! It will bring you closer than ever before no matter where you are on the Greatness/No so great marriage scale. GOD IS PERFECT IN EVERYTHING HE DOES.............JUST TRY THIS!!

FINANCIAL UPDATE: I paid $800 toward my Bank of America card today! YEAH! The balance is now $34,425.93. Still whopping amounts, but coming down! I hope I am closing the "LEAKS" in my budget! Habits are changing and I feel GREAT!

Our son's glasses a few days ago cost us $212(!)....oh well, he needed them and life will do this along the way. Did we think there wouldn't be any life circumstances thrown at us during this journey? It's OK....keep trucking along!!

So so far this month, I have paid $1,000 toward credit card bills.....sick to think of what we could do with that money now! GOSH! Oh well, I am facing up to mistakes made in the past. It won't be easy to do this, it will be VERY HARD to stay patient, focused and keep going. I know that right now I am excited about blogging and budgeting daily. I know there will be road bumps ahead, but with Christ at my side, I am praying that I stay on track. I KNOW I can do this and hopefully help others stay out of the trouble I got myself in, and/or help someone climb out like I am doing.

HOUSE BLESSING: Master Bathroom shiny clean! Toilet/Tub/Sink/Floor/Fresh Towels
Get going! Even if you do this during commercials of your favorite TV show! MOVE!

DINNER TONIGHT: Meatball hoagies (Leftover from meatballs and spaghetti last night).

GOD BLESS!

DEBT FREE JOURNEY

No comments:

Post a Comment