Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good Morning! Well, it's a new rainy, yuchy day. A great day to attack the "sock" bin that is overflowing! Maybe I can convince my 11 year old that I will give him a penny for every sock pair he puts together. He could probably make a fortune for as many socks as are in that pile. I don't know how two socks can go into the laundry and only one of them ever makes it out!! Oh well..........

Yesterday was a good financial day, considering all of my teens are home and out of school for the week! I didn't hand out any money! We posted a chore chart and told them they could earn some money at the end of the week if they did their respective chores. We are not going to just "hand them money" as this will never teach them anything, and we are not going to be those parents (well, I guess never say never), but unless it is an emergency, we are not going to be funding their young adult years. They need to learn the value of a dollar and work hard to save, budget and also to have fun. Of course, we are not "stick-in-the-muds" either. I mean, they ARE kids with school, sports and part-time jobs, so we do help them out with fun money from time to time. I guess moderation is the key word here. They do not have to go to Starbucks or out to lunch on a daily basis! What a novel idea to actually eat dinner at home BEFORE the basketball game!

Today I am not going to spend any money. All we have is all we need. We have food, clothing and shelter. We are good!

Have a great day! I am going to go update my budget because as I said previously, when I let it go a few days, it takes so much time to find receipts, etc. On a daily basis, it only takes five minutes and it keeps me FOCUSED!! Because I AM GETTING OUT OF THIS DEBT....AND I can't wait until my post reads...........ALL CREDIT CARD DEBT IS PAID OFF!!

LUKE 16:10,11 "WHOEVER CAN BE TRUSTED WITH VERY LITTLE, CAN ALSO BE TRUSTED WITH MUCH, AND WHOEVER IS DISHONEST WITH VERY LITTLE WILL ALSO BE DISHONEST WITH MUCH. SO IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TRUSTWORTHY IN HANDLING WORLDLY WEALTH, WHO WILL TRUST YOU WITH TRUE RICHES?"

Footnote taken from Life Application Study Bible: "Our integrity often meets its match in money matters. God calls us to be honest even in small details we could easily rationalize away. Heaven's riches are far more valuable than earthly wealth. But if we are not trustworthy with our money here (no matter how much or little we have) we will be unfit to handle the vast riches of God's kingdom. DON'T LET YOUR INTEGRITY SLIP IN SMALL MATTERS, AND IT WILL NOT FAIL YOU IN CRUCIAL DECISIONS EITHER."

GOD BLESS!

DEBT FREE JOURNEY

No comments:

Post a Comment