Monday, February 23, 2009

Good Morning! I AM DEBT FREE....I CAN BE DEBT FREE...POSITIVE THINKING!! AUGUST, 2012 IS NOT THAT FAR OFF COMPARED TO A LIFETIME OF BONDAGE IF I DIDN'T STOP THE LEAKS AND CHANGE MY SPENDING HABITS NOW!!

Proverbs 23: 4,5 "DO NOT WEAR YOURSELF OUT TO GET RICH; HAVE THE WISDOM TO SHOW RESTRAINT. CAST BUT A GLANCE AT RICHES, AND THEY ARE GONE, FOR THEY WILL SURELY SPROUT WINGS AND FLY OFF TO THE SKY LIKE AN EAGLE."

Footnote taken from Life Application Study Bible: "We have all heard of people who have won millions of dollars and then LOST IT ALL! Even the average person can spend an inheritance - or a paycheck - with lightening speed and have little to show for it. DON'T SPEND YOUR TIME CHASING FLEETING EARTHLY TREASURES. INSTEAD, STORE UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN, FOR SUCH TREASURES WILL NEVER BE LOST!"

I read a Proverb a day, corresponding to whatever day it is in the month. Since today is 2/23, I just so happened to read this morning's Proverb and it was PERFECT to blog here. Thank you, Jesus!

I just finished closing out January's Budget.....it is so embarrassing and shameful to admit that we were thousands off! There are a couple of reasons for that: #1 - we paid American Express TWICE, once at the very beginning of the month, and once at the end. Oh well, the balance needs to get paid off anyway, so even though we had to transfer from savings, at least it went to a good cause! Another is that we just didn't really LOOK at the budget in January. It doesn't make any sense to make a budget and then just throw it in a drawer somewhere. That is why - on February 13, 2009 - I decided to BECOME DEBT FREE AND BLOG ABOUT MY JOURNEY!I am so glad I did that. The biggest part of becoming DEBT FREE is DECIDING to do it....As they say at Nike............JUST DO IT! We can decide to keep digging ourselves into a hole, or we can DECIDE to change. It is OUR decision! No one else can do it for us...not a therapy group, not a doctor, not medication.....WE JUST HAVE TO DECIDE THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! And I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS! AT LEAST I AM DOING THIS......I INVITE ANYONE TO COME ALONG AND DO THIS WITH ME...............DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to say, that since I have been looking at my budget daily each morning, February, though we are still coming in over budget, is looking A LOT better than January did! I wonder if I can come in even for March?? It's a goal!!


THE LOVE DARE: DAY 2 (Each day of the Love Dare may not be consecutive days, but we all get busy, so it is probably better that we have a few days in between each activity anyway!haha)

EPHESIANS 4:32 "BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER, TENDER-HEARTED, FORGIVING EACH OTHER, JUST AS GOD IN CHRIST ALSO HAS FORGIVEN YOU."

**Taken from The Love Dare Book "In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, DO AT LEAST ONE UNEXPECTED GESTURE AS AN ACT OF KINDNESS"**


MENU FOR THIS WEEK:

MON: Chicken Coq Au Vin, caesar salad, hot rolls

TUE: Beef Burgundy over wide egg noodles, peaches, french bread

WED: Leftover night

THUR: Potato Cheddar Soup

FRI: Tacos

SAT: Snow Crab Clusters (Publix Sale); corn-on-the-cob; coleslaw

SUN: Good Ole American hot dogs on the grill (have the chili and saurkraut ready)!




HOME BLESSING:
Vacuum your basement

No comments:

Post a Comment